Five RFX Race Gloves
Unrivalled carbon protection
With the RFX Race , FIVE is raising standards by introducing Thermoset Carbon Composite back-of-hand protection – a first for a production glove. Up until now only used in aeronautics and on the highest-level competition vehicles (Formula1, MotoGP), Thermoset Carbon Composite is this ultra-light material offering incredible resistance to abrasion, considered as the highest-end carbon.
The Thermoset Carbon Composite structure employed in the RFX Race glove associated with the numerous thermoformed carbon fibre reinforcements, with the full-grain leather outer and Kevlar inner lining, offers an unrivalled level of safety.
Though rider protection was the major priority in developing the RFX Race , the greatest attention was also paid to the fit and lightness of the glove, ease of hand movement, sensitivity, and precise riding control. The RFX Race glove leaves no room for compromise: it offers simply the best of both worlds, safety AND fit!
By incorporating this technology and innovative materials, the RFX Race is the most effective protection currently available… and is without doubt the most advanced of all FIVE gloves.
- Palm made from goat leather
- External finger stitching
- Grip area covered in anti-slip Pittard leather
- Padded palm reinforcement covered in two layers of cow leather with a Kevlar liner with flap covering the wrist
- Carbon fiber slider
- Secondary palm cushion made of padded Kevlar
- Kevlar stitching
- Adjustable wrist with TPR loop and Velcro closure
- Long adjustable padded wrist cuff with Velcro closure
- Stretch Kevlar liner
- Exterior made of goat leather, Powernet and stretch Kevlar
- Padded finger protection under anti-torsion elastic leather for ring and little fingers
- Vented PU and carbon fiber knuckle protection
- Inside of fingers made leather and Powernet
- Index and middle finger articulations made of stretchable ribbed leather
- Wrist protection in Kevlar
- Padded metacarpus protection with carbon fiber air extractor
- Long leather cuff covered in TPR with Velcro closure