Blue Front Detail
Shoei X-Fourteen Full-Face Road Race Helmet:
The flagship model of SHOEI’s premium helmet lineup, the X-Series, has earned the respect and praise of many of the world’s top road racers over the years, and the all-new X-Fourteen is the next generation of this high-performance pedigree. Developed using rider input from the world’s top road racing athletes like Marc Marquez and Bradley Smith, careful consideration was given to every detail of the X-Fourteen.
Technology continues to progress every aspect of a racer’s equipment, and the X-Fourteen’s next-level features set the new standard for performance, adjustability, and safety that today’s world-class athletes can trust all the way to the podium.
Ask any engineer in the racing paddock, and they’ll tell you that one of the most important considerations in motorcycle design - the difference between winning and losing - is aerodynamics. The state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility at SHOEI’s Ibariki factory is an integral part of the helmet development process, and it was here that the aerodynamic performance of the all-new X-Fourteen was born. Placing an emphasis on aerodynamic optimization in racing’s numerous riding positions, SHOEI engineers achieved the most aerodynamic and stable X-Series helmet yet.
The X-Fourteen showcases an all-new shell shape, along with a completely redesigned Rear Stabilizer. The patent-pending Rear Stabilizer system features a standard set of Rear Flaps that can be replaced with an optional, narrower set of flaps to help fine-tune resistance and aerodynamic performance depending on rider preference and track demands.
In addition, strategically placed ridges along the top of the shell and chin bar allow wind to stream off the helmet with minimal resistance, ultimately reducing drag and improving stability. Add to the mix a removable Lower Air Spoiler that can be affixed to the chin bar to further improve aerodynamic stabilization, and you’re left with the new standard for high-speed performance.
Ventilation - A New Standard:
Next-level ventilation performance was a top priority when SHOEI engineers conceptualized the X-Fourteen. Boasting six air intakes and six exhaust outlets all strategically shaped and located to maximize airflow and negative air pressure suction to the rear of the helmet the X-Fourteen’s ventilating prowess is second to none.
The X-Fourteen’s all-new cheek pad cooling system delivers refreshing air to the rider’s cheek area, thanks to channels cut through the EPS liner and corresponding air holes located in the cheek pad foam. Combined with the newly positioned side air outlets (moved rearward to optimized hot air expulsion), the X-Fourteen’s ventilation system cools and clears warm, humid air from the rider’s face with great efficiency.
Further enhancing the X-Fourteen’s advanced racing characteristics, the entire ventilation system has been optimized in SHOEI’s wind tunnel to excel when in the tucked racing position, even behind windscreens.
The X-Fourteen’s CWR-F race shield provides a vast field of vision that today’s top racers demand. Innovative ribs on the top and bottom edge of the shield improve rigidity and eliminate the bending effect that may occur from wind pressure during high-speed riding, and the all-new double shield locking mechanism prevents potential unwanted shield openings in the event of an accident.
CWR-F Shield/QR-E Base Plate:
The CWR-F race shield also features SHOEI’s exclusive patent-pending Vortex Generators, which effectively reduce air friction and improve airflow around the helmet’s surface. CWR-F race shields provide a flat surface to accommodate racing tearoffs, and the newly designed tearoff posts allow for tension to be adjusted without tools for a quick and easy installation.
Coupled with the CWR-F race shield, the X-Fourteen’s innovative QR-E base plate system facilitates quicker shield changes than ever before.
Highly Adjustable Interior:
The X-Fourteen is equipped with a fully removable, washable, replaceable, and adjustable 3D Max-Dry Custom Interior System. SHOEI’s exclusive Max-Dry liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional nylon interiors, and in combination with the X-Fourteen’s superior ventilation system, keeps racers and aggressive riders alike cool and dry during intense riding sessions.
The 3D center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider’s head, allowing for an extremely comfortable fit while maintaining the firm hold necessary for distraction-free, high-speed racing. Additionally, the X-Fourteen’s 3D Max-Dry Custom Interior System allows riders the opportunity to replace each section of the center pad with optional thicknesses for a completely customizable fit.
Perhaps the star of the X-Fourteen’s 3D Max-Dry Custom Interior System, however, is the all-new, patent pending rotating liner components, which allow riders to adjust the position/angle of the helmet by up to four degrees (see image above) to increase the upper field of vision while tucked in extreme racing positions.
The SHOEI X-Fourteen also includes ear pads, a removable breath guard, and chin curtain to complete the comfort package.
Dual-Layer/Multi-Density EPS Liner:
The X-Fourteen’s Dual-Layer, Multi-Density EPS liner provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam in key areas around the rider’s head; it is also designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS, further enhancing the X-Fourteen’s superior ventilation characteristics. In addition to enhanced impact absorption and ventilation, the precise placement of multi-density EPS liner material yields a more compact, lightweight design.
- Lightweight, Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+): High performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers into shell construction for a structure that is ultra lightweight, rigid, and resilient
- Aerodynamic Shell Design: Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing and professional riders’ feedback
- Dual-Layer Multi-Density EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Four shell and five EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that help to comfortably fit most head sizes
- Impact absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar with Cheek Pad Cooling System
- Standard Rear Flaps can be replaced with optional, narrower flaps to customize aerodynamics, depending on rider preference and track demands
- Removable Lower Air Spoiler can be affixed to the chin bar to improve aerodynamic stablization
- 3.6lbs/1634 grams (approx, based on Size Medium Solid Color)
- Upper air intake vent is positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior
- Top outlet vent is separate from the Rear Stabilizer, allowing it to be positioned for optimum flow-through ventilation
- Cheek Pad Cooling System features channels cut through the EPS liner and corresponding air holes in the cheek pad foam, cooling and clearing warm, humid air away from the rider’s face
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
- CWR-F Shield and QR-E System
- QR-E base plate system allows for tool-less shield removal and installation
- Exclusive patent pending Vortex Generators on shield reduce air friction
- Scratch-resistant coating and Pinlock EVO Fog Resistant System
- 99% protection from harmful UV A & B rays
- All-new double shield locking mechanism prevents unwanted shield openings
- 3D Max-Dry Custom Interior System
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, upper liner, and chin strap covers) can be removed for cleaning, center and cheek pads can be replaced with optional thicknesses for a customizable fit
- Cheek pads and center pad can be manipulated to allow riders to adjust the position/angle of the helmet by up to four degrees, increasing the upper field of vision while tucked in extreme racing positions
- Comfortable, 3D Max-Dry helmet liner material absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture twice as fast as traditional nylon interiors, keeping aggressive riders cool and dry
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet, enabling the helmet to be more easily removed from the head
- Extra comfort provided by, removable ear pads, breath guard, and chin curtain
- Standard Chin-Strap Snap: Neatly secures chin strap
- Snell and D.O.T. 218 approved
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty from date of purchase (or 7 year warranty from date of manufacture, whichever comes first).