Starcross 5 Comparison
Sale Price: $91.95
- Stronger, higher density casing materials reduce weight up to 15% for the Sand tire, and an average of 10% for all tires
- Reduced unsprung mass on both front and rear tires reduces the rotational inertia for improved acceleration, braking, and steering control.
- Lateral rigidity is maintained by using two, more densely constructed polyester plies, providing increased sidewall strength, which reduces the likelihood of pinch flats.
- Enhanced tread designs with more aggressive sculptures and variable height tread blocks that maintain traction straight up and at varying lean angles.
- MICHELIN StarCross 5 front tires are designed to enhance braking performance and cornering traction while maintaining an optimized contact patch.
- The new bead profile makes them easier to install.
COMFORT CASING TECHNOLOGY
- The new casing absorbs square edges and braking bumps better, and minimizes tire rebound, which helps reduce arm pump and rider fatigue.
SELF-CLEANING TREAD DESIGN
- Fine lines found at the base of the tread blocks are designed to release mud and debris as the casing flexes to maintain maximum traction.
- Mud-Phobic Bars between the central blocks on the MICHELIN StarCross 5 Soft rear maximize the cleaning capability and improve lateral grip in softer terrain.
WIDER SCOPE OF USE
- MICHELIN StarCross 5 Medium and Soft versions are more versatile and effective in a wider range of terrains and conditions compared to the previous range.
- Seven new sizes added to provide matched set options on a wider range of motocross, off-road and vintage bikes.