Bicycles can be ordered online but must be picked up in our retail store in Smithville, MO. Just select "In Store Pickup" for your Delivery Method during checkout. We'll call you when your new bicycle is ready to roll. If we don't have the right size or color in stock, let us know. We would be happy to special order one for you. –Rusty
Tenacious on steep climbs and confident on singletrack descents. This smooth-rolling hardtail 29er delivers a balanced ride quality for challenging XC terrain.
Built on an ALUXX SL aluminum frame, Fathom 29 features updated geometry that produces a stable ride quality for challenging XC trails. The frame is optimized for a 100mm suspension fork giving you efficiency on the climbs and total control on the descents.
Proven alloy performance: ALUXX SL aluminum frameset is hand-built in-house by the world leader in aluminum engineering.
Balance and stability: Frame geometry is designed to optimize the balance and roll-over capabilities of 29-inch wheels.
XC control: Suspension fork offers 100mm of smooth travel for added XC control.
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Colors: Vibrant Blue / Charcoal / Neon Orange, Black / Neon Red / Charcoal
- Frame: ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum
- Fork: Suntour Raidon XC LO-R, 100mm travel, tapered steerer, QR 9x100
- Shock: N/A
- Handlebar: Giant Connect Trail, 780mm x 31.8mm
- Stem: Giant Connect, 8-degree
- Seatpost: Giant Contact Switch dropper post with remote lever, 30.9mm
- Saddle: Giant Contact (neutral)
- Pedals: MTB Caged, 9/16
- Shifters: Shimano Deore, 1x10
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore, Shadow
- Brakes: Tektro HDM 275 [F] 180mm [R] 160mm, hydraulic disc
- Brake Levers: Tektro HDM 275
- Cassette: Shimano Deore,11x42
- Chain: KMC X10 with Missing Link
- Crankset: Praxis Cadet, Boost, 30
- Bottom Bracket: Praxis
- Rims: Giant XCT 29, tubeless ready, sleeve-joint rim, 25mm inner width
- Hubs: [F]Giant Tracker Sport QR, loose ball [R] Giant Tracker Sport Boost QR 141, loose ball
- Spokes: Sapim
- Tires: Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2, 60tpi wire TR, tubeless
- Weight: The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All Giant bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.