- Shell is constructed using state-of-the-art, aircraft grade woven carbon fiber and Kevlar composite materials, which create superior strength while remaining extremely light
- New MIPS low-friction layer can absorb more of the rotational force of impacts, adding more protection than other helmets can offer
- Dual density EPS liner combines two layers of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene), one softer, one slightly harder to provide more progressive impact absorption for different levels of impact
- Custom molded rubber trim with integrated nose guard helps keep rocks and debris away from your nose
- Helmet is constructed using super-strong, lightweight machined aluminum screws, rivets, and stainless steel D-rings for superior strength and years of worry free use
- Optional carbon fiber intake vent wing can be added to the helmet for increased direction of airflow on the front vents (Not Included)
- Multi-port air induction cooling system includes 11 intake and exhaust vents that create massive airflow to keep your head cool
- Quad-vent goggle anti-fog vents above goggle eye port draw air from goggle to help clear away fog
- Flow through EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) and comfort liner air system align to maximize airflow
- New Quick Release washable COOLMAX comfort liner & cheek pads absorb sweat, provide plenty of ventilation, and are easy to remove
- Meets or exceeds the toughest safety standards on the market: Snell 2015, DOT approved for USA
MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System):
Conventional helmets are tested by dropping them vertically onto a rigid surface. MIPS has had 15 years of study and testing in Sweden by some of the world’s leading researchers and neurosurgeons, based on a different principle - reality. Because in reality when you fall, your head most often hits the ground at an angle, creating a rotation in the brain, which in turn can cause major damage. With MIPS, the helmet absorbs much of that damaging rotational energy, offering you radically better protection. And if, against all the odds, you do fall vertically onto your head, a helmet with MIPS will protect you just as well as an ordinary helmet.
- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT CRASH.
- MIPS IMITATES THE BRAIN’S PROTECTIVE FLUID. The secret behind MIPS’ unique patent comes from the human brain. The brain is surrounded by a low-friction cushion of cerebrospinal fluid. MIPS gives the helmet its own low-friction layer between the EPS and comfort liner, to absorb much of the energy created by an angled blow to the head. The combination of the brain’s own protection and MIPS ensures maximum protection–simple and effective.
- In laboratory tests, adding the MIPS layer reduced rotational acceleration by 20-35%, dampening crash forces and decreasing stress to the brain.