After creating the first Dual Sport helmet back in the late 90's, evolving it into a universal design that finds itself at home in practically all forms of motorcycling, what else did you expect from Arai, but simply more of what works!
Offering 3 distinct configurations, allowing the user to choose which works best for them, the new XD'4 is similar in appearance but greatly improved in all-around performance, as compared to the XD'3.
- Intermediate-Oval Fit
- Arai's exclusive CLC (Complex Laminate Construction) shell. This fiberglass composite is stronger and lighter than previous constructions. Its exceptional characteristics allow Arai to use softer, less-dense liner materials inside for increased rider comfort.
- New shell shape for better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds and better ventilation
- Multi-Density Single piece EPS liner
- The face-shield brow vents redirect incoming air to the temples instead of the forehead, and around the ear area. The airflow over the temple artery reportedly also helps cool the blood flow to the brain area
- New chin vent design with more intake ports, improves ventilation efficiency
- New exhaust ports added to the top diffuser vents nearly double the airflow, while using the same four 10mm vent holes in the helmet shell
- Larger sculpted side cowl vents help improve ventilation efficiency as well as helmet stability at higher speeds
- Re-Designed peak with Twin-cam Shield Pivot System allows the face shield to operate fully under a peak that can be lowered for better aerodynamics. Can be configured with shield and peak, peak only (for use with goggles) or shield only.
- Brow vents have been added to the all-new XD'4 shield
- Optional shield with Pin-Lock pins available
- Dry-Cool Surface material for rapid displacement of heat and moisture away from your head and into the ventilation airflow for added comfort while riding and a quick dry between rides
- 5mm peel-away temple pads on both sides adds another level of customization, giving the helmet interior a little extra width when needed and allowing the rider to micro-fit themselves without the need to purchase optional padding
- Facial Contour Support (FCS) is an innovative and exclusive spring support adds just the right amount of pressure when needed while being worn, but "gets out of the way" when putting on and taking off the helmet
- Emergency cheek-pad release system to aid helmet removal much easier for trained medical technicians
- Arai's plush Removable/Washable Interior fabric is easily cleaned to provide a fresh helmet whenever you desire. All Arai interiors are washable.
Maybe this is common sense, but because of the world we live in and Arai's lawyers say that this needs to be said - "The peak/visor supplied is not suitable for high-speed use where air striking a side or main surface of the peak may cause difficulty in returning the head to a forward and/or level position. To understand and prepare for this possible effect, you should first try to experience it at low speeds, gradually increasing speed so that you will know what to expect and determine when the peak should be removed for higher-speed riding." Warning:
Although the XD-4 model shield will fit earlier XD versions, DO NOT INSTALL THIS SHIELD ON ANY OTHER XD MODEL. As there are no receiving ducts for this shield's Brow Vents in earlier XD helmets, debris, insects, etc., might enter through the vents and interfere with the wearer's vision and/or damage the eyes. Further, if the XD4 shield is tinted, light entering through the vent slots may distract the wearer if installed on earlier XD helmets. Certifications/Warranty:
Meets or exceeds Snell
Note: All helmets are sold with a CLEAR shield. Tinted and mirrored shields are sold separately. American riders have ranked Arai Helmets Number One in customer satisfaction in all seven J.D. Power and Associates Motorcycle Helmet Satisfaction Studies. (1999-2005)
. Use Arai's Suggested Size and Shape Chart to select the best fit.
For Arai Terms and Conditions, please Click Here.